blog post: 2013 fall foliage workshop
“Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.” — Zen Saying
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the profound colors, pungent fragrances and autumnal foods this time of the year, but mostly I feel that Autumn it is an opportunity to reflect on the events and goals that previously occurred in Spring and Summer, and consider resting and regrouping through the Winter months to (hopefully) face the changing seasons once again.
I see beautiful colors throughout the Winter, Spring’s colors are bountiful and Summer moves from chartreuse to forest green, but Autumn? …visually there is no other season like it!
So to help you create from this most visually stimulating time of year I’m offering a 3-hour Photography Workshop on October 12th + 27th, from 6 AM to 9 AM and then again on October 13th + 26, 3 PM to 6 PM at Mingo Creek County Park.
The goal? …is first, to help you envision your photos and then secondly, help you create from all the potential that will surround us.
You will learn:
- ISO, Aperture + Shutter Speed: the Exposure Triangle and head home with your own Zen Photography Exposure Guide
- To apply the principles of composition and how to view scenes differently.
- Understand how those camera dials can help you achieve what you envision.
- Learn to shoot comfortably in M (Manual) Mode.
- Understand how different lenses will affect your exposure and composition.
What to bring:
- Your enthusiasm + questions
- A Tripod
- Your DSLR Camera
- All the Lenses you have
- Compact Flash Cards
CLICK HERE to register – pre-pay/pre-purchase required. Once you register, you’ll be given the meet-up location.
Namaste, Team Zen | Joanne Bartone